Aug 30, 2011

Paul McCartney - Live At The Lyceum Theater NYC Sound Checks And Press Conference

Publisher: Phantom Record
Reference: PH1005CD

Something really interesting happened to me back on August 24. On August 23rd, 
Wednesday night, I found out that Paul was going to be giving a press conference 
in New York City the following day followed by a short invitation only concert 
that would last about an hour.
On a whim I grabbed my friend Tom and we went over to the city Thursday morning 
and we arrived at the Lyceum Theater about 11:30 in the morning. While waiting 
outside I could hear the press sound checks right through the walls which was 
kind of bizarre. Right after we got there the radio announced that the first 100 
people on line would be getting in to see the concert for FREE. Yes you guessed 
it, I was one of the first hundred people in line. I was about the 40th person 
in line. Tom and I were let in and we saw a free Paul McCartney concert. Now the 
kicker to the whole thing...
Guess where I was inside the place. It was a tiny little theater, when they let 
us in they said you can sit where ever you want. So Tom and I went in and we sat 
in the 3rd row. When Paul came on stage, which was only about maybe 15 feet from 
me, everyone ran toward the stage. Me included. I ended up basically leaning on 
his monitor for a good portion of the show, literally 2 to 3 feet from Paul, for 
practically the entire 95 minute show. I was totally stunned. It gets even 
better. Cameras were allowed, with flashes no less. So luckily I had my camera 
with me, which made the whole thing even sillier. Some of the pictures that 
I have of Paul are totally outrageous.
Like from the waist up. I'm making reprints of some of these and you shall be 
getting some of them in the mall from me.
(Editors Note: These are the photos used for this CD's artwork)
This kind of thing can only happen when you live near New York City. Actually 
I was very lucky to be able to get in, let alone being able to be basically 
leaning against the stage watching him. Some of the songs he did that I did not 
unexpect were "Things We Said Today" and "Can't Buy Me Love", which was kind of 
cool.
Reed - August 1989

Rehearsal at the Lyceum Theater, New York City, NY, USA - 24 August 1989 and 
press conference after rehearsal.

Disc 1
01. Pat St. John And Scott Muni With Tuning In The Background
02. Blue Suede Shoes
03. Matchbox
04. Pat St. John And Scott Muni
05. Pat St. John
06. Scott Muni From The Balcony
07. The Band Is Back On Stage
08. Figure Of Eight
09. This One
10. Coming Up

Disc 2
01. Scott Muni Waiting For Press Conference To Start
02. Press Release / Conference
03. Press Release / Conference
04. Press Release / Conference
05. Press Release / Conference
06. My Brave Face (*)
07. Scott Muni Interviews Hamish Stuart
08. Scott Muni Interviews Robbie McIntosh

(*) - Sounds from monitors after press conference

Download from (all links are interchangeable)
FileSonic:FileServe:HotFile:UniBytes:UploadStation:
Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4
Part 5
Part 6
Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4
Part 5
Part 6
Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4
Part 5
Part 6
Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4
Part 5
Part 6
Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4
Part 5
Part 6

No comments:

Post a Comment




Send a request